Are you passionate about city nightlife? Want a brilliant bar in Brooklyn? Finding the right place to drink in Brooklyn is a difficult task. In the New York borough of Brooklyn, there are thousands of bars and nightlife establishments for you to pick from.
In fact, there are almost too many options for you to choose from. It seems impossible to pick just one. If you make the wrong choice, you could end up having a disappointing night out. You likely want somewhere with plenty of atmosphere, delicious drinks, and affordable prices.
Thankfully, we have made your job much easier by providing a list of nine of the best bars in Brooklyn. We have given you a diverse slew of options, meaning that there will be a bar for every taste. Please consider these excellent choices before you begin planning your night out in Brooklyn.
This unique bar is astrology-themed, providing a mix of retro 1970s and modern vibes. Dimly lit by LED lights, this bar has a really distinctive look and atmosphere. If you are in the Bushwick area, this is a bar that should be high up on your list of places to visit.
- Zodiac drinks – the zodiac-themed cocktails are to die for. If you have an interest in astrology, these drinks are sure to amaze and impress you.
- Quirky vibes – with its neon and LED aesthetic, this bar has an individual look. If you are looking for hipster vibes, this may be the place for you.
- Hong Kong cinema – the look and decor of this bar are clearly influenced by Hong Kong cinema. Consequently, it is easy to feel this bar’s special ambiance.
If you like a retro atmosphere to your watering holes, then this might be the perfect bar for you. Originally opened in 1951 and since revolutionized, this bar feels like a time capsule of history. Offering beer, wine, and cocktails, this bar has something for everyone.
- Classic feel – instilled with the atmosphere of the 1950s, the Long Island Bar offers classic food, drinks, and decor.
- Traditional cocktails – if you are not particularly concerned about eccentric cocktails and instead prefer the classics, the drinks menu here will be attractive to you. These traditional cocktails include the Martini and the Long Island Gimlet.
In this experimental brewery, Grimm will offer you unique Belgian-inspired flavors. Do you love high-quality ale? If so, then this will be the perfect bar for you. In addition to these craft beers, Grimm also serves snacks to complement their drinks.
- Creative ales – with creative and complex tastes that have never been seen before, these ales are super special. Grimm creates their own bold flavors.
- Artistic cans – featuring art from different creators, these beer cans are both individual and stunning to look at. They will make for exceptional pictures on your social media.
- Flavor sampling – want to try lots of different flavors? Unsure of which drink to choose? Fortunately, Grimm offers a service that enables you to sample multiple flavors at once.
Found in South Williamsburg, this eclectic cocktail bar serves delicious tropical drinks. With a cozy bar space, this is the perfect place to spend a fun relaxing evening in. Pokito has a vibrant and tropical atmosphere, making it a lively setting.
- Deliciously flavored cocktails – with a wide range of flavored cocktails, this bar is a great choice if you are a massive cocktail fan.
- Latino and Asian influences – this is not just another basic American bar. Pokito is influenced by multiple cultures, both in its decor and in its drinks.
Ever wanted to visit Las Vegas but not been able to? If yes, this bar, which is inspired by Las Vegas and casino culture, might be the best drinking spot for you and your friends. With its elegant casino aesthetics, this charismatic setting will give you an exciting night to remember.
- Casino vibes – the decor is inspired by casinos, providing you with many interesting things to look at on the walls.
- Outside seating – as well as providing tables indoors, this bar also has outside seating options. If you are visiting Brooklyn on a sunny day, you might enjoy taking advantage of these outdoor seats. Likewise, this area has heating on colder days.
- Pool table – many people like to participate in bar games. If you like to enjoy a drink while you play pool, this could be the place for you.
This bar/ restaurant is known for its delectable wines. One of the company’s main selling points is its selection of natural wines. Furthermore, the small meals at the Four Horsemen are ideal for brunches or light lunches.
- Natural wines – there is a wide array of wines available in this bar, many of which are natural wines. For those unfamiliar with the concept, these are pure wines that have not been added to.
- Tasty food – designed to be accompanied by wine, these meals are simple yet luxurious. Examples of some of the food they offer include warm bread and yellowfin tuna.
If you are searching for a Brooklyn bar that is different from any other, this may be one of the best options. With 21 different taps, this bar is a haven for beer lovers. Even if you are not a beer fan, there will still be drinks available for you, including cocktails and wines.
- Nordic-inspired – fun fact: the name of this bar is Danish for the word “thirsty.” Likewise, its design has clear Nordic influences.
- Culinary prowess – Daniel Burns, a skilled chef, is associated with this amazing bar/ restaurant. As a result, it delivers High-quality bar food.
Are you a music fan? This honky-tonk bar is renowned for its live performances. Specifically, country music tends to be played in this wonderful bar. On nights where live performances are not held, feel free to listen to the jukebox.
- 18 beers on draft – with plenty to choose from, this bar is suited to those who adore beer.
- Live music – Live music performances are great. They let you truly experience a vocal artist. This bar offers a range of live music performances, allowing you to try something a little different out of each performance.
- Willie’s Frozen Coffee – if you enjoy delicious coffee, the Frozen Coffee at Skinny Dennis might be right up your alley. This drink combines coffee and bourbon. It has become extremely popular, showing just how tasty it is!
Last but not least on our list in Elsa. This bar serves cocktails that quirkily evoke books, music, and film. If you consider yourself a fan of culture, these names are sure to delight you. This scenic setting has an art deco vibe. It also features old-fashioned sewing equipment!
- Lots of character – want to visit a place with a distinct look and feel? If the answer is yes, then you might love this bar.
- Back patio – if you want to sit outside, this bar has a delightful back patio in which you can relax.
After reading this detailed list, you will likely be in a position to start deciding which bars you want to visit. Hopefully, we have provided you with a large range of different options.
When searching for the ideal bar for your night out, there are multiple considerations that you should think about before committing to a bar. This can make choosing a bar much more complex than it initially appears. For your convenience, we have listed some of the essential elements that you should review. These can include:
A good night out can be an expensive affair. Drink prices can really add up if you are not careful. This is also without the additional cost of snacks and food. Other costs prior to the night out can include travel, hotels, and clothes for going out.
If you want to go out to a brilliant bar with a smaller budget, it is a sensible idea to check the price range of a bar before your night out. Some bars offer drinks at affordable prices, while some more unique settings can be quite costly. If you do not want to spend a lot on your bar experiences, it will be advantageous to set yourself a budget and attempt to stick to it during your night out. If you also have to account for other factors, such as travel, include these in your budget.
One of the biggest variations between bars is the atmosphere that they provide. The feelings and moods that you will experience in different bars will vastly affect how you feel about them. While some bars have more modern atmospheres, others are more retro. Some attempt to capture the auroras and styles of specific places and time periods.
As can be observed in this list, bars can be inspired by completely different sources. Depending on your preference, it is well worth investigating the atmosphere of a bar before your visit. If you are looking for a more specific atmosphere, this will narrow the number of options that are suitable for you.
Brooklyn is a relatively large area with plenty of bars and restaurants. If you are visiting Brooklyn and are unfamiliar with it, it might be worth looking for a bar that is close to where you are staying.
If you are planning to visit multiple bars or going bar-hopping, you will want to find bars that are in the same area to avoid having long journeys. If you do intend on going to multiple bars across different areas, you should consider the ease with which you can travel to each area. For instance, if you plan to use a taxi, you should remember to bring cash with you. Again, the amount of traveling you plan to do will impact the cost of your evening.
There are lots of different drinks available on the market, including different types of cocktails, spirits, beers, and wines. If you like specific drinks and/ or flavors, it will be a good idea to research what drinks are offered by a bar. You might be more of a cocktail fan than a beer person. If this is the case, it will probably benefit you to avoid bars that primarily sell beers.
If you are someone who does not consume alcohol, it is advisable to look up the range of non-alcoholic drinks offered by a business. In fact, some places may even sell non-alcoholic cocktails, sometimes referred to as mocktails. These can make for effective alternatives to cocktails.
Bars are often focused on providing great drinks, especially cocktails. Many bars also provide food, which can accompany your delicious drinks. This can range from fairly simple snacks to more filling and elaborate meals. Bars frequently offer snacks such as fries.
If it is important to you that a bar also supplies food, some bars may not be the right option for you. To determine what level of food is provided by an establishment, it is important to check their menus, which can often be found on a company’s website or social media. Not only this, but you should check out what foods are offered. If you are a picky eater or suffer from food allergies, it will really benefit you to look at a menu before you dine. On the other hand, if you do not eat out, remember to eat before you go out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Bars In Brooklyn Expensive?
Bars can be quite expensive in the Brooklyn area. As part of New York, Brooklyn is going to be one of the most expensive areas in the whole of America for a night out. Thankfully, it is worth paying the price to experience the Brooklyn nightlife. Also, these high-quality bars and their unique products are definitely value for money.
Which Parts Of New York Have The Best Bars?
There are many different bars spread across New York. However, there is no single place that contains better quality bars than anywhere else in New York City. Of course, as this list demonstrates, there are many viable bar options in Brooklyn. Each borough of New York will contain different bars that offer varying features.